BEFORE READING: if you are on the CrossFondo mailing list (join via website www.tripleshotcrossfondo.ca) you have already rec'd the following info in your inbox.
ONE MONTH AND COUNTING! Registration is now open for the inaugural Tripleshot Cross Fondo …and we have some info to share too.
1. Register here <https://raceroster.com/events/2016/1014 ... crossfondo> ! Registration is capped at 250, so register asap to ensure your spot! (Did you know that Cross on the Rock #1 had over 400 registered?)
2. By registering to ride either the 20km or 40km route, you are supporting the Tripleshot Cycling Club’s Youth Team! This group of kids and alunmni are responsible for breaking a ton of CDN records at the 2016 Junior Track Nationals and are representing Victoria at national and international events around the world! They are talented! They are keen! They are the future of cycling in Canada! And on Oct. 16 they will make sure your Tripleshot CrossFondo experience is a memorable one! From trail clearing, to set up, keeping you motivated on the trails, and washing your bike at the end, they will be there for you! We will also be donating part of the proceeds to the South Island Nature Trails Society that is working to connect communities by creating a world class outdoor recreation network of shared use trails for all ages, abilities, and experiences (http://naturetrailssociety.com/ <http://naturetrailssociety.com/> )
3. Your registration includes some great food and bev thanks to our generous sponsors. So plan to stick around and exchange CrossFondo stories with your fellow riders!
4. For your support team (aka family and friends): there is a ton to do at Bear Mountain Resort while you are out riding! Check out the extensive hiking and biking trails, scale Mt. Finlayson, dip into the outdoor pool/hot tub or a morning yoga class at the North Langford Recreation Centre onsite, book the breakfast buffet, visit Sante Spa …. endless opportunities! More details to come!
5. Accommodation: The Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa is happy to offer the guests of the TripleShot CrossFondo a discounted room rate. Rooms are based upon availability and rates are applicable for the duration of the event only. Visit or call 1-888-533-2327 and Westin Reservations <https://bearmountain.ca/> quote SET 346749 to receive the preferred rate. Want to stay closer to town? Book in with the cycle-friendly, locally owned Accent Inns (https://www.accentinns.com/victoria) or call 1-800-663-0298 and quote crossfon to receive the preferred rate.
Share this information to your friends! We’re also on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/1162800477099433/ <https://www.facebook.com/events/1162800477099433/> ) ….you can share that too!
Quick thanks to our growing list of sponsors: Bear Mountain Resort, Eclipse Creative, Accent Inns, Hoyne Brewery, Grapic FX, Totangi Properties, MEC
Stay tuned for the next update!
Club activities and announcements
1 post • Page 1 of 1